To get a full ride scholarship to Tennessee State University, students must meet certain academic and extracurricular criteria, such as a high GPA, competitive test scores, and strong leadership experience. They can also apply for specific scholarships offered by the university or outside organizations.
And now, in greater depth
To increase your chances of receiving a full ride scholarship to Tennessee State University, it is important to meet certain academic and extracurricular criteria. According to TSU’s website, students must have a minimum 3.5 GPA and a minimum ACT score of 29 or SAT score of 1290 to be considered for the Presidential Scholarship, which covers tuition, room and board, and fees. In addition, students must have a strong record of leadership and community involvement.
Applying for specific scholarships offered by the university is also a good strategy. TSU offers scholarships for academic achievement, athletic ability, and leadership potential, among others. It is important to carefully read the eligibility requirements and deadlines for each scholarship and submit a strong application.
Outside organizations also offer scholarships for students attending TSU. Websites like FastWeb and Scholarships.com allow students to search for scholarships based on their academic and personal interests.
As tennis player Arthur Ashe said, “Start where you are, use what you have, do what you can.” By taking advantage of resources available to them and working hard in school and in their communities, students can increase their chances of receiving a full ride scholarship to TSU.
Here are some interesting facts about Tennessee State University:
- TSU was founded in 1912 as the Tennessee Agricultural & Industrial State Normal School for Negroes.
- Famous TSU alumni include Oprah Winfrey, NFL player Ed “Too Tall” Jones, and WNBA player Teresa Phillips.
- TSU has the only bachelor’s degree program in Africana Studies in the state of Tennessee.
- The university offers more than 70 undergraduate and graduate degree programs across eight academic schools and colleges.
- TSU’s marching band, the Aristocrat of Bands, has performed at events like the Inaugural Parade for President Barack Obama and the Super Bowl.
- The university is located in Nashville, a city known for its music scene and home to the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum and the Grand Ole Opry.
Here is a table summarizing the eligibility requirements for the Presidential Scholarship at Tennessee State University:
|ACT score||Minimum 29|
|SAT score||Minimum 1290|
|Leadership experience||Strong record of leadership and community involvement|
Further answers can be found here
To be considered for this scholarship a student must be a State of Tennessee high school graduate with a minimum 2.9 unweighted High School GPA and a 19 ACT or 900 SAT (Verbal and Math) test score; and no prior college attendance. If awarded the scholarship covers Tuition and Fees for up to eight semesters.
This video contains the answer to your query
The video provides information about fully funded scholarship programs at East Tennessee State University, specifically the International Merit Scholarship for new international graduate students. Eligibility includes a minimum GPA and enrollment in a full-time 2-year master’s program. The scholarship covers various expenses, but cannot be combined with other tuition coverage. Prospective students are directed to the International Students Scholarships page for details and to ask questions.
Moreover, people are interested
- Evaluate Your Strengths.
- Build Your Credentials.
- Research Possible Scholarships.
- Check the Requirements.
- Gather Your Supporting Documentation.
- Submit Your Application.
- Do all schools offer full-ride scholarships?
- Start preparing early.
- Perform well academically.
- Take challenging classes.
- Excel in extracurricular activities.
- Apply for admission at multiple schools.
- Develop relationships with teachers and counselors.
- Submit a stellar application.
- Private scholarships.